Election commission of India has been issuing Voter Identity document to a citizen of India. The objective of this identity is, an owner of this document casts a ballot in India’s rural, municipal, state and national elections. There are mainly three electors’ categories available in India.
- General Category
- Overseas (Non-Resident of India, NRI) Category
- Service Category
Registration procedure for the above said each category is as below to obtain the Indian Voter ID Card.
A person who has attained the age of 18 years on the qualifying date is eligible to be registered for a Voter ID card by either online or offline procedure.
- Fill the form EPIC-006, either online or offline.
- If it is online then it should be from National Voters’ Service portal.
- The application should be submitted along with required relevant documents and handed over to Booth Level Officer (BLO) or respective pooling area or online.
- After verification process by respective electoral Officer, Voter card ID will be issued.
Overseas (Non-Resident of India, NRI) Category
- A person who is a citizen of India and not having any citizenship of other than India is eligible to be registered for a Voter ID card.
- Fill the form EPIC-006A.
- Complete the application along with required relevant documents and submit the same.
- After verification process by respective electoral Officer, Voter Card ID will be issued.
- Who fulfils service qualification comes under service category and Service qualification is applicable under below-mentioned conditions with the applicability of registration form for Voter ID
- Being a member of the Indian Armed Forces (EPIC-002)
- Being a member of a Force which has provisions of the Indian Army Act (EPIC-002)
- Being a member of the State Armed Police Force (EPIC-002A)
- Employee of Government of India and posted outside India (EPIC-003)
- After completing the application form along with the required relevant documents, submit the same.
- After the verification process by respective electoral Officer, Voter Card ID will be issued.
So as mentioned above three procedure one can be registered for Indian Voter ID related to their applicable or respective category.