The GeM (Government e Marketplace) has been started by the government of India. The GeM is constantly evolving with time. Right now the third version, GeM 3.0 is out. Before it, there was GeM 2.0 which was launched in 2016. The new GeM 3.0 will offer a lot of new options like a standardized and enriched catalog management, real time price comparison, powerful search engine, RA creation, template based Bid, e-EMD, demand aggregation, user rating, e-PBG, advanced analytics and MIS, many more things like that. More than 200 people are trained after the launch of GeM 3.0 so that they can easily handle the queries of the sellers. This is a great step for the digital India which will bring more transparency in Government processes. The GeM 3.0 will soon become the most wanted portal among service providers and sellers.
Buyer Registration Process:
- Visit the website https://gem.gov.in/.
- You have to sign up first. For that click on the sign up button.
- You will get the option of entering your mobile number and Aadhaar number.
- Enter the Aadhaar number and mobile number and click on Verify Aadhaar.
- Some new options will open like First Name, Last Name, Organization Type, Ministry, Department, etc. Fill all that with correct information.
- At the bottom, you will find the option of verifying your email id, verify it using the OTP.
- Now create a password and then click on create account.
- You will be able to see some more pages opening with a message. Click on Tell us about the organization.
- The address page will open first, you have to enter the address details of the organization and click on save.
- After saving it, the next page which will open is the Payment method. Choose whichever option is best suited to you, enter the bank details with it and click on save.
- Next, you have to enter the personal information like First Name, Last Name, Organization Type, and GST IN. Then click on save.
- After that, the referral details need to be entered like First Name, Last Name, official email id, and official mobile number. Then click on next.
- After clicking next, a pop up will appear stating that you are registered with GeM.
- This is the complete step by step process following which a buyer can register with the GeM.