The GST (Goods and Services Tax) was enabled according to the 122nd amendment of the constitution. After the demonetization, this was the next biggest step taken by the Modi government. Since the launch, the GST became the topic of discussion. There are both negative as well as positive effects of GST. The prices of some products have gone down while most of the prices increased. Every dealer who has a yearly turnover of Rs 20 Lakhs must register to the GST. The complete step by step process is mentioned below.
How to register for GST online in India
- Visit the official portal of GST or you can just click on the link https://www.gst.gov.in/.
- On the home page, you will find an option, Taxpayers (Normal). Click on Register Now under it.
- A form will open on the screen. First, you have to select New Registration.
- Now, you will find a drop down menu under I am a. you need to select Taxpayer there.
- After that, select your state and district. Enter the business name and the PAN number of your business.
- Enter the mobile number and email id correctly as you will be receiving OTP on them.
- After all done, click on proceed.
- Now, the OTP verification will be done. There are different options for mobile and email OTP. Enter both of them and click on continue.
- A TRN (temporary Reference Number) will be provided to you. Note that down.
- Again open the official portal https://www.gst.gov.in/ and then click on Register Now on the homepage.
- Select there TRN (temporary Reference Number). Enter the number (TRN) along with the captcha correctly and proceed.
- Now, you will again receive an OTP on your registered email id and mobile number. Enter the OTP and click on proceed.
- You will see that the status of your application is showing as drafts. Edit that by clicking on the edit icon.
- You will see now 10 sections which you have to fill with appropriate details. You need to have some documents with you at the time like photograph, proof for the place of business, constitution of the taxpayer, authorization for, and bank account details. Upload the scanned copies of all the documents.
- Visit the verification page after entering all the details. Check the declaration and submit the application. There are a few ways to submit it, you can use any of them like- a) submitting the application using DSC, b) Using e-sign to submit, you will get an OTP for that in your mobile number registered with Aadhaar card. c) Using EVC, in that way, you will be receiving an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- After the submission, you will see a message on the screen showing success and you will receive the ARN (Application Reference Number) on your registered mobile number and email id.