How to Apply Arms License in Bengaluru, Mysore, Hubli, Mangaluru Karnataka
The crime is on a rise in today’s society, people need to have arms to protect themselves especially the woman. The best option to feel secure is to have arms with you for the purpose of self-defense. The people who are at high risks like the influential people or businessmen are often seen carrying it. But you can’t just carry a gun or any kind of arms like that with you, for that you need to have a proper government authorized license. If you are in problem and you don’t know the process to apply for the arms license, we will give you full description following which you will be able to apply for arms license in Karnataka easily. Right now, the online process for application is not available so you have to apply offline if want an arms license in Karnataka.
Process of Applying for Arms License in Karnataka:
- First of all, the Deputy Commissioner needs to be approached as he is the person who will issue the license for arms and ammunition.
- You have to give an application there. You can download the application form from the official website or you can also get it in the office of the Deputy Commissioner.
- The form which you need to get is Form A.
- Now fill up the form properly without any mistake.
- Attach all necessary documents with it. The list of documents is available in the website.
- Submit the form to the office of the Deputy Commissioner.
- The license department will verify the application along with your records and background.
- Your permanent address will also be verified.
- The officials will fetch information about you from your neighbors & relatives.
- After completing the step they will call you for an personal interview to check that whether you are physically and mentally fit or not.
- There must be a valid reason for your need of gun when they ask you for that. One of the most accepted reason is self-defense.
- The department will then check for any criminal record.
- At last you will be again called for an interview but this time with the DCP licensing.
- If all the above is cleared, you will get the license.
- You can buy a weapon after 6 months of getting license.
- But you have to submit the weapon for inspection and record to the Arms Licensing Branch.