There are a lot of things like rice, sugar, kerosene, wheat, and LPG which we need in our daily life. To get all these substances at a controlled lower price there is a legal document called Ration Card. The card is also one of the most valuable ID proofs for a person and is accepted in most of the government institutions.
There are a total of three types of ration cards in Delhi, a) Wheat or Rice Eater, b) LPG or Kerosene User, and c) Jhuggi Ration Card (JRC) Holders and Permanent Ration Card. Applying for a new ration card is very easy now as there is both online and offline process for it. Here we are going to describe both the processes in details. How to Apply New Ration Card Online in Delhi.
Online Method For Applying Ration Card in New Delhi:
- First of all, you need to visit the Department of Food, Supplies and Consumer Affairs website – nfs.delhi.gov.in.
- Now you will get a space for entering the name of the head of the family. Enter the name there along with all appropriate details requested there.
- After entering all the details correctly, you will get the link where you could enter the names and details of all other family members.
- There will be a button in that page ‘Finish Member Entry’. After entering the details of all family members, click on it.
- All the details will be saved and your application will be accepted for getting new ration card.
- If you miss out any details of any member of your family, you can click on the ‘Apply Online’ link anytime to enter the details.
- Now you can also download the e-ration card from the official website.
- There is also a process for tatkal ration card by which you will get the ration card within 2 days but for that there is a fee of Rs. 100.
Offline Method For Applying Ration Card in New Delhi:
- First of all, you need to fill the application form which you will get from any circle office.
- For the processing of application, a fee of 50 paise must be paid.
- There is no application cost and you can get the form for free if you are applying for the blue ration card.
- After getting the form, fill all the details correctly. You can submit the form on any working day from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm.
- The documents which are needed to be submitted with the form are Birth Certificate, Aadhaar card, PAN Card, and 3 passport size photographs attested by a gazetted officer.
- After the submission of the form along with all the proper documents, you will get the ration card within 15 working days.