A lot of government institutions in India accept the mark sheet of 10th as proof of birth. So, it is pretty hard to change the date of birth or name on the mark sheet unless it is a fault made by the school or by the officials. The reason behind this strictness is to stop the misuse of it as many students can lower their age to sit in government examinations. But if there is a real mistake it can be changed but there is a proper process for it. First of all, you need to know that there is no complete online or offline process for changing the name or date of birth but a mixture of both. The process is described below. How to Change Name/Date of Birth in 10th-12th Certificate Online and Offline.
Rules to follow before applying:
- The concerned authorities must be notified by the candidate within one year of the issue date of the mark sheet.
- Any direct application to the CBSE or state board will not be entertained and the application must be done using proper channels.
Process for changing Name & Date of Birth:
- First of all, an application form must be downloaded for correction of name or date of birth. You can get it from the official website of CBSE or state board. You can also click the link to download the form. http://cbse.nic.in/faq/dob_mod_form_2015.pdf.
- Then you need to print the application out and fill it up properly.
- Now you need to mention the name or date of birth mentioned in the mark sheet and the correct name or date of birth in the form.
- After that, you need to submit the application to the principal of the school.
- The Principal will first verify the application himself and submit to the board with a school stamp on it.
- Board will again verify the application and on successful verification, a new mark sheet will be delivered to the school with changed name or date of birth.
- The information in the form must be correct as any wrong information can attract legal action towards the candidate.