How to Apply Arms License in Lucknow, Kanpur, Ghaziabad, Allahabad, Agra, Moradabad, Varanasi Uttar Pardesh (UP).
Arm license is issued to the individuals who run the high risk and require special protection. The arms license acts as an authorized proof to carry the gun or arms required. How to Apply Arms License Online/Offline in Uttar Pradesh.
Online process of applying for an Arms License in Uttar Pradesh:
- For the online application of Arms license in Uttar Pradesh, visit the official website https://uppolice.gov.in and download form A.
- Fill the form with correct details and attach the scanned copies of documents required.
- Along with the application, you are also required to fill the medical form and the form of undertaking. Arrange all the documents in a file and visit the official website to apply online.
- Fill the form and send the documents to the department. You will receive the arms license soon as per the notification.
Offline process of applying for an Arms License Passport in Uttar Pradesh:
- For the offline application, contact the Deputy Commissioner who is in charge of issuing the arms license. Submit the required documents and the application there.
- The license department will take some time for verification of the documents with the police records. They will also verify your permanent address, background, etc.
- Once verified, you will be called for a personal interview to check your mental and physical fitness. Other than the test, you will also be asked to state a reason for the gun The most common answer to this question is Self-defense purposes.
- You’ll be allotted a DCP licensing and again an interview will take place. After qualifying this interview, you will receive an actual gun.
- You can only buy an arm or weapon after 6 months from the date of issue of license.
- The weapon is also required to be submitted to the arms licensing branch for inspection and record purposes.