With the rising crime in today’s society, people need to have arms to protect themselves especially the woman. The best option to feel secure is to have arms with you for your self-defense. The people who are at high risk like the influential people or businessmen are often seen carrying it. But you can’t just carry a gun or any kind of arms with you, for that you need to have a proper government authorized license. If you are in problem and you don’t know the process to apply for the license, we will give you full description following which you will be able to apply for arms license easily. There are two types of process, online and offline. How To Apply For Weapon/Gun/Arm License Online Or Offline In Delhi.
Online Process of Applying for an Arms License in New Delhi:
- First of all, you need to download form A. You can click on the link to get the form http://www.delhipolicelicensing.gov.in/annexures/arms/Annexure-3.pdf.
- You need to fill the form.
- The scanned copies of required documents must be attached.
- You need a medical form. You can click on the link to get the form http://www.delhipolicelicensing.gov.in/annexures/arms/Annexure5.pdf.
- You will also need a form of undertaking. You can click on the link to get the form http://www.delhipolicelicensing.gov.in/annexures/arms/Annexure-4.pdf.
- After filling up all the forms visit the website http://www.delhipolicelicensing.gov.in/Home/arms. You will get an option Apply Online on the left hand side.
- Click on that. A form will open. Fill it up with all the required details and submit.
- You can also submit the online downloaded and filled forms attached with the documents for application.
Offline Process of Applying for an Arms License in New Delhi:
- First of all, the Deputy Commissioner needs to be approached as he is the person who will issue the license for arms and ammunition.
- You have to give an application there.
- The license department will verify the application along with your records and background.
- Your permanent address will be verified.
- The officials will fetch information about you from your neighbors.
- After completing the step they will call you for an personal interview to check that whether you are physically and mentally fit or not.
- There must be a valid reason for your need of gun when they ask you for that. One of the most accepted reason is self-defense.
- The department will then check for any criminal record.
- At last you will be again called for an interview but this time with the DCP licensing.
- If all the above is cleared, you will get the license.
- You can buy a weapon after 6 months of getting license.
- But you have to submit the weapon for inspection and record to the Arms Licensing Branch.