How to Apply Driving License in Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara, Gandhinagar (Gujarat)
If you want to drive a vehicle in Gujarat or any other place in India, you need a driving license. If you are driving a vehicle without a license then it’s a criminal offense. To help the people of Gujarat, we are mentioning the whole procedure of application to get a driving license easily. The issuance of the license in Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara, Gandhinagar (Gujarat) are done by the commissioner of transport. Let’s check out the process.
Application Process for Driving License in Gujarat:
- First, you have to complete the registration by following the link https://sarathi.nic.in:8443/UF/pdfforms/NewLicence.pdf or https://sarathi.nic.in:8443/. Don’t forget to open the links in Internet Explorer as they don’t work on other browsers.
- Fill up the form visible on your screen with all appropriate information. Fill up all mandatory boxes without fail. When all done, submit the application form. A message will be displayed on the screen ‘Your Application is Saved Successfully’. Before the submission, you must note down the application number for further reference.
- Now, when the submission is done, you have to fix an appointment for the test of learner’s license. Under ‘Online Transaction with Sarathi’ choose the option ‘Appointment for LL Test’.
- When you will click the option, you will find another option ‘LL Slot Booking’. Choose ‘LL Test For Online Applicants’ there. On the form, you have to enter the date of birth and the application number to fix the test timing.
- Now, choose the date and time of your liking. Carry all original documents like address proof and identity proof there along with the proof of the appointment letter.
- After getting the learner’s license click on the link to download the form http://gujaratdrivinglicence.com/drivingLicenceForms/permanent_driving_licence_form.PDF.
- Fill up the form with all required details along with the learner’s license number and passport sized photograph. Keep a few more photos with you.
- Bring the fee receipt and the learner’s license with the filled up form.
- After submission, you have to appear for the compulsory driving test.
- Only after passing the test, your driving license will be issued.
- Address Proof: Passport, Electricity Bill, Voter ID Card, Life Insurance Policy, Aadhaar Card, Passport, etc.
- Identity Proof: Aadhaar Card, Voter ID Card, PAN Card, Ration Card, Passport, etc.
- Age Proof: School Leaving Certificate, Birth Certificate, Passport, etc.
- Passport Sized Photograph