A travel document which is issued by the government of a country to certify the nationality and identity of a person is called a passport. It allows the holder to travel all across the globe after getting a visa. It contains a lot of information about the user like name, photograph, date of birth, address, etc. Some countries now even have biometric information on the passport. If you live in Haryana and are still unaware of how to apply for a passport, the complete application process is mentioned below for your help.
Application Process to get an Indian/Overseas Passport in Haryana:
- Visit the Passport Seva Portal from the government of India and complete the registration process. You can click on the link to directly visit the page. https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/user/RegistrationBaseAction?request_locale=en.
- After completing the registration, enter the website using ID and password.
- You will find a link ‘Apply for Fresh Passport/ Re-issue of Passport’ But before clicking the link, be sure that you had never applied for a passport before as if you ever applied for one or had one, applying for a fresh passport is not applicable for you.
- When the form will open, fill it up properly with all relevant details, verify the details and click on submit.
- After that you will find another link on the screen, ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment’. Click on that. You can schedule the appointment by paying the fee using many options like Credit or Debit Card, SBI Bank Challan, or Internet Banking.
- When the payment is done, click on the link ‘Print Application Receipt’. You need to carry it at the time of your appointment as it will contain the ARN (Application Reference Number). You will also get an SMS on your registered mobile number with the appointment details. You can show this to the appointment center as well.
- Now, visit the Passport Seva Kendra at the time of appointment with all original documents for verification.
- You can even apply using the e-Form. Download it by clicking on the link https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/downloadEFormStatic.
- Fill it up accurately and upload it to the ‘Upload e-Form’ link. The rest process is the same.
- The usual time for completing the verification and dispatching a passport is 30 to 45 days.
- The application fee for a new 36-page booklet is INR 1500 and a 60-page booklet is INR 2000.
- The validity of a new passport is 10 years.