If you want to travel abroad, the most important document which you require in your bag is the passport. You can travel any country across the globe having it. It contains some important information regarding you like name, address, signature, etc. A passport is also considered as an important identity and address proof in the country. The process of availing a passport has been made pretty simple by the Passport Seva Kendra now. You can apply for it both in an online and offline process. The details in the passport are entered from the verified documents. But sometimes the details may be wrong like the gender of a person. If that is the case with you, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to change your gender the passport.
Steps which are essential to Change the Gender in a Passport:
- The applicant needs to get the form no. 2 form your nearest Passport Seva Kendra office. The form is used for miscellaneous services.
- The applicant can also apply online. For that, they have to visit the official website of Passport Seva Kendra by clicking the link https://org2.passportindia.gov.in/ and after registration, they have to opt for the ‘Reissue of Passport’ and do the required changes in the form.
- Appointment needs to be scheduled after paying the fee and you have to visit the nearest Passport Seva Kendra with all required documents. The list of documents is mentioned below.
- Based on Annexure, the applicant also has to provide an authority signed by him.
- Verification will be done and passport will be sent to the registered address of applicant within a couple of weeks.
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Address
- Filled up and Notarized Application Form
- A photocopy of the Original passport with self-attested first and last two pages
- Sworn affidavit mentioning the sex change
- A Certificate from the hospital where the individual has undergone the sex change procedure