How to Apply SC/ST/OBC Certificate in Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirappalli, Salem, Tiruppur, Erode, Tirunelveli, Tiruvallur Tamil Nadu
Caste Certificate is a major documental proof that the person belongs to a certain caste or tribe. In Tamil Nadu, it is also known as the community certificate. The government of Tamil Nadu understood the importance of the caste certificate early and started issuing it since 1988. The people who belong to the scheduled caste and scheduled tribe get certain privileges from the government after the issuance of the card. The process to apply for the Caste Certificate in Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirappalli, Salem, Tiruppur, Erode, Tirunelveli, Tiruvallur Tamil Nadu is quite simple but you have to know the right steps. The complete process is mentioned below for your help.
Online Application Process for SC/ST Caste Certificate:
- Visit the official website of Tamil Nadu government by clicking http://www.tn.gov.in/.
- Under the forms section, click on ‘more’ and type ‘community certificate’ on the search bar.
- Now click on the ‘community certificate’ link to download the application form.
- Print it out on A4 sized paper.
- You need to enter a few information correctly in the application form like name, father’s/husband’s name, sex, address, ration card number, details of parent’s caste certificate, date of application, etc.
- After filling up the form, attach all required documents with it.
- Now, sign the completed form and submit it to the respective revenue office.
- Verification will be done and if all goes well, you will get the caste certificate within 30 working days.
Online Application Process for OBC Caste Certificate:
- Visit the official website of e-Sevai web portal by clicking the link https://www.tnesevai.tn.gov.in/.
- Click on the citizen login button.
- If you are not registered, register first and log in using your username and password.
- Now, the e-Sevai dashboard will appear. Click on the option ‘Services’. You will find the option on the left-hand side of the screen.
- A list of department wise services will appear on the screen. You need to choose ‘Revenue Department’ option.
- Now click on the OBC certificate link and click on Proceed button after that.
- The application form will open where you have to enter information like CAN number, name, father’s name, mobile number, email id, date of birth, etc.
- For CAN registration, you have to click on the button ‘Register CAN’.
- Upload scanned copies of all required documents.
- Click on submit and note down the application number for further reference.
- Copy of Ration Card
- School Leaving Certificate
- Caste Certificate of Parents