People like to travel a lot these days due to the ease of traveling. Many people travel within the country and there are lots who like to travel abroad. If you like to travel abroad, the most important thing which you require is a passport. It is an official document which allows you to travel abroad in different countries. You can now apply for a passport in both online and offline way in India. The process is pretty simple but if you are trying to get one for a newborn, the situations can become a bit tricky. Check the information mentioned below to apply and get a passport easily for the newborn.
- The parents of the child need to be registered first at the official website of Passport Seva Kendra. You can visit the website by clicking the link https://org2.passportindia.gov.in/.
- You have to download the application form from the website.
- For minors, usually appointment is not required so parents can visit the office of Passport Seva Kendra with all the documents and the receipt of the application.
- There are certain documents which need to be provided. The list of documents is mentioned below.
- After the submission of all required documents, verification will be done and a token number will be provided. After that, the applicants have to wait for their turn.
- On their turn, the documents will be scanned and the application form will be checked for any mistakes. Documents will be verified for the second time.
- When all the steps are completed, the application will be submitted and an acknowledgment receipt will be provided to track the application later.
- The Passport will be sent to the registered address of the applicant within 4 to 7 working days.
- Birth Certificate of the newborn.
- Proof of address (Parent’s Passport will be enough)
- Annexure H properly filled and signed.
- Passport sized photo of the newborn in white background.
- Receipt of appointment.
- If the spouse’s name has not been endorsed on a parents Passport, a marriage certificate is required.