The payment of the property tax is very important as by doing that you help in the progress of our country. The property tax is usually taken by the municipal corporation to maintain the infrastructure of your city. The process is mostly online now. For the people in Delhi, the steps to check and pay their property taxes are mentioned below.
Things to Know:
- Delay in payment of property tax may attract fine.
- Non-payment may attract huge penalty with interest.
- For the woman and senior citizens, there is always concession facility.
Process to Check and Pay Property Tax in Delhi:
- You have to visit the official tax payment website of Delhi Municipal Corporation first. You can visit there by following the link mcdpropertytax.in.
- Now, choose your municipal corporation among the North Delhi Municipal Corporation, South Delhi Municipal Corporation, and East Delhi Municipal Corporation.
- After that, read the terms and conditions properly and click on ‘Click Here to File Property Tax’
- You have to enter the Property ID and submit now.
- When you find your property, you can check the due tax.
- Then, you have to choose the desired way of payment. Usually, there are options like net banking, credit card, and debit card.
- After completing the payment, you will find a payment receipt on your screen. Take a print out of it.
- You can also save the challan number which is generated after the completion of the whole process.
If you want to share your thoughts and feelings with us, try our comments section. Stay tuned with us for more such intriguing articles.