The property tax collection in Pune is done either by the PMC (Pune Municipal Corporation) or the PCMC (Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation). They are serving the city and its citizens since 1950 and property tax is the second largest revenue which they collect from its people. It is applicable to all kinds of properties which are under the limits of Municipal Corporation. You have to pay the tax before 31st May and for the delay, each passing month will add 2% extra to your total amount. Let’s check how you can easily pay the property tax in Pune.
Process to Check and Pay Property Tax in Pune:
- Visit the website http://propertytax.punecorporation.org/.
- Choose the payment option between ‘NEFT/RTGS’ or ‘Pay Online’.
- Now enter the details of your property and click on submit.
- The due taxes for your property will be displayed on your screen. You can now pay the taxes using your chosen payment method. If you pay via credit or debit card, they may attract some additional charges.
- After payment, you can take a print out of the ‘Tax Receipt’ on your screen.
- Some people might belong to the PCMC. They must visit the website https://www.pcmcindia.gov.in/index.php to pay their property tax. Rest of the procedure is mostly the same.
- You can also pay the property tax offline by visiting the Municipality office and paying by cash/ cheque/demand draft. Cheque/demand draft, which must be drawn in the favor of ‘The Assessor and Collector of Tax, P.M.C Pune’.
If you want to know anything more on this topic or anything else, you can share the feelings via our comments section. Stay tuned with us for more such intriguing articles.