People who have ration card know its value. Ration card is a way of subsistence for millions of Indian people. Everywhere you go in India your ration can work as an identification certificate but only if your card has a hundred percent correct information. A single error can make your card ineligible. So, as a smart man, you check twice your card and if any error detected you can correct it in online. The government has set a simple way to correct ration card information. In this situation, all a holder got to do is to follow the below-mentioned steps.
How to apply for error correction in ration card:
- Open your state government‘s official food and civil supply website. As an instance Gujarat’s official food and civil supply website is https://fcsca.gujarat.gov.in
- Click on the ration card section and there you will see the “correct details in ration card” link. You have to click on the link to display the application form. Mitigate the error and put the right information.
- Attach enough credible proofs that legally support your rectification.
- Take a last glance on the form, everything ok, click on submit and don’t forget to print out the receipt and acknowledgment number.
- Go home; your card will be delivered to the provided address within 2-3 weeks by post.
This is how easy applying for ration card correction these days. No need to go anywhere, or stand on any public queue. The government deserves the credit and cardholders who have common errors like wrong name, wrong address, wrong DOB, etc in their ration cards are delightful to have this convenient mode to rectify. As the central government has awarded the power of controlling ration card distribution to state governments the online process of applying for corrections may little vary state wise. Some states like Tamil Nadu have devised Smart Ration Card. It is even easier where things will be settled within five minutes.
Ration Cards have been serving and feeding millions of Indian people throughout decades. A lot of modifications have been taken place in the system but with every update, it gets better and better. With the arrival of the internet Indian government had early linked ration card operation with the internet. Ration card holders were also intriguing to make use of the internet. The circumstances were suitable and useful for both parties so the government decided to create an online way of correcting ration card errors.